Save time on your projects by focusing on the important project specific deliverables by using already built components for the common things that most projects need. There will be demos and we will dive into some code.
We will cover:
• Authentication and management of sites, users, roles, and claims. Adding custom registration fields.
• Policy based authorization
• Components for content (ie editable pages and blog posts).
• Flexible themeing, embedded views and local views, serving theme specific static files.
• Navigation menus, breadcrumbs, and pagination
• Localization and TimeZone handling
• IdentityServer4 integration and SPA apps with web APIs
• Integrating your own custom code and features
Speaker: Joe Audette
Joe Audette is a Micorosft MVP. He started out working with MS Access 2.0/95 and VB6 back in 1996. He has been doing web development since the beginning with Classic ASP and then ASP.NET when it first came out. Over the years, he has done quite a bit of work in content management and ecommerce. He wrote the blog module for a thing called Rainbow Portal back in 2003 and founded the mojoPortal project in 2004. He actively developed mojoPortal and commercial add on features until late 2014. He began working on a new set of web components in late 2014 with MVC 5 and moved to ASP.NET Core in June of 2015. Now he has a number of related open source projects and components branded as "cloudscribe". The main projects are cloudscribe.Core which is a multi-tenant web application foundation for managing sites, users and roles, and cloudscribe.SimpleContent which is a blog and content engine that can be used with Open Live Writer and can work with or without a database. He is currently trying to bootstrap his own business again building commercial components that can integrate with ASP.NET Core apps. You can read his blog at www.joeaudette.com (powered by cloudscribe) and follow him on Twitter at @joeaudette and at @cloudscribeweb.
5:30-6:00 - Welcome/Food
6:00-6:15 - Announcements
6:15-8:00 - Presentation
Thank you to the August Main Meeting sponsor!